Thursday, March 23, 2006

Girly delights

$4.oo for this bitty doll cradle.
I love it.
It needs to be painted because its current coat is flaking off everywhere. I am going to figure out how to make some bedding for it. A thick mattress covered in something cute. A pillow and matching blanket too. I wish I was my daughter. She's got everything dude.
When I got this yesterday, the store also had another little solid wood doll cradle and a old wooden doll highchair. It kills me to pass these little pretties up, but how many doll beds can one small house hold? If one of you lived near and had a little girl, I'd buy these kinds of things for you. Then I could have the satisfaction of the rescue, getting the cheap deal, not having to leave it at the store, and of giving it to someone who would love it. So, who's moving close?
Or maybe I just need an addition built onto my house.

Also, in bag related news, I took my fancy homemade bag out in public yesterday for its formal coming out. The springy flower one. It is perfect.
I must say though that I was scared to put my stuff in it and take it out. I thought that my seams would start popping out as I walked around and all my stuff would fall everywhere. My bag glory would be abruptly ended and I would start sobbing.
Thankfully, that did not happen. My sewing has held up. hallelujah.

3 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

Your thrifting rocks. I may need to move there just so I can thrift and save money.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

babybug (and i) want one, too! really cute! so jealous!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would so love a nice wooden doll cradle and highchair for me...I mean, for my daughter, hehe. $4?!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home