Monday, March 20, 2006

And...

Because I am such a dork, I made a matching tissue holder and ribbon keychain! HA!
I am such a corn muffin.
My sewing machine is not a heavy duty one so it had a hard time sewing the top seam on the keychain, through 4 layers of material and a ribbon. It was clunkin' and thumpin', thought for sure it was gonna die on me. I made the keychain bigger than the tutorial says because I wanted it to fit on my wrist. So, when I take a walk or just run into a store quickly without my (marvelous new homemade) bag I can loop it on. Groovy. 8-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what's wrong with corn muffins? Had some with dinner last night, heh. Those came out wonderfully, very cool. My sewing machine also sounds like it's about to have a fit when I sew through more than 2 layers of thin cotton but I don't have enough experience to invest in a better machine!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Alicia A. said...

Corn muffin- ha! That's funny. Of course you need these! You've got to coordinate.

9:39 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Overachiever.

I got NO CRAFTING done this weekend. But I did manage to score some awesome scrapbooking paper. Does that count?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those look great!! Have you tried using a denim needle?

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to make the same suggestion as Autum - did you use a heavy duty needle?

8:44 AM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Denim whaaa? Heavy duty whoooo? Um. Er. No. I didn't. I just used the lame-o needle that came in the machine. Showing my novice-ness here, huh? I guess I'd better get some more needles, ay? Thank you for the suggestions.8-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Good idea...making the key chain fit the wrist...I have been wanting to try one ever since Autum showed us her directions.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home