Sunday, March 19, 2006

The progression of a bag


I decided, after reading every god forsaken tutorial I could find on making a tote bag, that I would dig out some ugly scraps and try. I was really confused about how to "box out" the bottom of the bag. The first one I did all wrong. Photo 1.
It's not even funny how wrong it was. There was a giant hole in the bottom between the outside and lining. I think that might be a problem for a purse. I sewed up the whole top- only leaving a two inch gap for pulling the thing rightside out. That too, would be a problem. Then, I only sewed on one strap. I did the boxing out thing wrong too.
What a sad little bag it was.
I can't describe my expression while staring at my loser bag. Blank and disgusted, I guess.
Photo 2: I got out even uglier scraps and tried again. Besides its odd shape, it is fully functioning- two straps, boxed out bottom, no holes. Now we're talking. Keely likes this ugly uncoordinating bag.
She can have it.
A real bag is on the way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bag #1: I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. No, really, I am. :-P
Bag #2: A bag only a child could love, lol.

4:30 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Don't worry, you'll get it!

6:35 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Dee: funny. funny. 8-)
beki: I did! finally. I'll email you in a bit.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home