Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A crayon roll




I remember seeing a roll for picnic silverware in Martha awhile ago and then a couple of weeks ago happythings posted a picture of a crayon & pencil roll she made. So, yesterday during naptime I sketched and measured out my creation. I'm taking advantage of this full moon thing, gotta work fast. Anyway, before dinner I set Keely up with a bunny tea party and went to town sewing away. I messed up three times and the end product is smaller than it was intended to be because I had to keep cutting off my mistakes! So, it took me about an hour total to make this little thing. But I know how to do it now and I think I could make another in about 1/2 hour. Do crayons need a little roll? I don't know. But they got one. The colors are a bit wild but that ribbon totally matches the pink elephant material, no? I am quite pleased with this. Thankyou happythings for the inspiration. Oh yes, and she is working on making a tutorial for a drawstring bag too. 8-)
I'm looking for more projects, keep 'em coming. They'll be another full moon next month.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute, cute! I started to make one of these once to throw in the diaper bag for restaurant use and never finished. I have to look and finish now!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do think crayons need a roll. Glad you had success -- looks really cute! As a kid I was obsessed with putting my crayons in rainbow order so the rainbow ribbon appealed to me for this project. Are kids better during full moons? Hmm, that explains some things!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is super-duper crazy nice!!! you are sure on a roll! so cute!!! i want one, too...i mean babybug wants one.

3:34 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

I second the motion that this would be perfect to throw in the diaper bag for outings. Too cute.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cute!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home