Friday, March 17, 2006

a piano


So we have this piano (above). Nice isn't it?
O.k so it's not really a piano, but that's what we all call it. Anyway, at one of the thrift stores I frequent, they have 3 upright pianos. They have been there for about a month, so the price keeps dropping. They are now at $150. There is one really nice old one. It is walnut colored and has some neat carving in the front of it. It looks really old and it sounds terrible. I mean awful. It also has a few wood missing injuries.
I sure want a piano in our home. I don't know if it is repairable. Maybe it just needs a tune-up or it could need $2000. worth of work and still not be fixed. Hmmm. But $150. ! That's about what Keely's little play sink cost. That just doesn't seem right. We don't really have room for a piano. I took lessons for a brief period back in the day, but don't remember a thing. So, no one in our house knows how to even play. Unless you count "Twinkle, Twinkle". I don't have $150. burning a hole in my pocket either, but there is always those handy tax returns, right?
No room, might not work, no one plays. This seems like a no brainer but still I want the thing. Pardon this me thinking out loud post. And how would we get a piano home? I'm guessing it wouldn't fit in our car. And how.....oh, I can go on and on....I'll spare you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

What has been up with blogger today? Good gravy.

Anyway, I want a piano as well. Except we have no space as well. I want one of those beautiful tall old uprights.

And I took organ lessons for eight years. I will need to learn the piano - but it would totally be worth it.

6:08 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Would you by a beat up old piano that may not be fixable?

3:56 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Um, no. Because I'd actually want to play it.

But it would give you a new place to display pretties.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried craigslist.com or freecycle.org... people usually can be found that are giving away pianos and most work. I've been flirting with this too. I'm going to wait until Georgie is five and then I'll have any excuse - he can take lessons and teach me. lol. ;)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

We bought a piano a few years back, and if I remember right, it cost about $150 just to move it from the store to our house! I'd probably look at Craig's list too...I've had good experiences with that.

10:35 AM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Thank you Dawn and JoJo. I will check this out. Never heard of it before.
8-)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home