Friday, March 24, 2006

Weekend plans

1-Do something with this fabric:
This is one of the "new" fabrics that I bought awhile back. I think it's so flippin' cute, but I really don't know what to do with it. I thought it would be a cute kid something? Pillowcase? more bean bags? A kiddie bag? I was going to try and make a little blanket. It's only 1 yard, so it would be a baby blanket. Fish on the front and soft blue tee material on the back. I haven't made a blanket before so what's the scoop? Right sides together and just sew it up, leave a gap, turn it inside out and add a decorative stitch for kicks? Is it really that easy?
2-I may try out making one of those "yo-yo's" and see how that goes.
3-I was also thinking of attempting a two tone bag. You know, make the bottom 1/3 one material and the top 2/3 a different one. I don't know if I have anything that will coordinate. I'm a bit scared to try this. Too many cuts give me too many chances to mess it up.
The way things are looking from here I'll be lucky if I get one of these projects done.
Also, the hubby is going to look further into the wordpress thing.
I hope you all have a great weekend.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have this too and was wondering what i should do with it. i hate sewing with white fabric. can't wait to see what you make!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo I have ALWAYS loveed this fabirc! You could make absolutely anything with it, and it would look fabulous!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I have this fabric too! I was thinking to make bibs and/or cut out the little fish and applique them to onesies. I think a blanket would be cute. I haven't made one, but it think the way you described would be the way to go.

2:38 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Funny you said something about a baby blanket, I took TONS of photos while I made a blanket Monday thinking I would make it into a tutorial...

... and then I thought that might be lame.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, how you described is how I make blankets. I hope you get do so your projects.

3:28 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Tasha: I guess you have to back white fabric with a solid white? I dunno.

Katurah: I love all that Munki Munki but sheesh some of it is SO expensive.

JoJo: I was going to cut the fish out too and sew those cuties on cards. Bibs would be sweet!

Capello: Lame? Hello? Broadcasting live from Sewing for Losers right here. Don't know what I am doing most of the time. Put that tutorial up girly. Hope blogger loads your photos faster than mine. GOOD GOD!Molasses.

3:44 PM  
Blogger lindiepindie said...

That fabric is so sweet - I think it's the same line as the gnome fabric I just got a few days ago. I'm making mine into a blanket, too - exactly the way you said, except I'm backing mine with something thicker - chenille or some Cuddle Up fabric from Michael Miller. Oh yeah, and after I flip it right side out, I always iron around the edges (and pin) so that I don't accidentally sew it so that the back peeks out to the front in places - does that make sense?

3:53 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

If you can keep your panties on, I'll try to post the tutorial tonight.

I'm in the middle of it now, BUT OH MY GOD WE ARE LEAVING TO BUY A WASHER AND A DRYER.

Remember, you MUST keep your panties on.

7:21 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Tutorial is done.

Washer and dryer is purchased.

This is my life?

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little tip on blankies I learned from my mom -- If your backing material is like chenille or minkee dot or something and you don't want to iron the edge to flatten the seam once you've flipped it, then just hand baste with needle and thread to keep the seam flat while you top stitch. It really helps keep it neat. Make a blankie.

11:01 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Thank you for the blankie advice. 8-)

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home