Friday, March 03, 2006

Birds and cows

Yesterday afternoon the little one was driving me bonkers. What? No, way! I did not want to play animals or doll house anymore because I am not 2. I decided we'd paint. O.K well, I decided I would paint with some water colors and she would paint with water, colored pencils, and colored paper. She's happy, excited, etc. Then I start drawing my goofy birdies and she leans over on my right arm and flops her paint brush on my paper.
"Mommy, I'm going to draw you a cow and then paint it."
"Keely, I gave you a paper to paint on. Paint on yours please."
She finishes doodling on my paper.
"There you go mommy. There's your cow."
"That's lovely. Now, do one on YOUR paper."
"Oh mommy. I forgot the grass for your cow."
Back to my paper. Laying on my arm and flinging water all over.
using her voice that she uses for all male toys/pictures: "I'm a cow! I don't have any friends. Keely can I have a friend?"
And she's back at the paper giving him a friend.
This went on for about 20 minutes. The above 3 birds are the only ones that survived the ordeal.
Yes, Yes. She is very cute and smart and this is funny. But I really have the need to create something and it just can't happen around here. She is only 1 child! I don't know how all these crafty women with 2 or more children make all that they do. I can barely paint a bitty bird!

I don't let her watch t.v. Is that the problem? She only watches Sesame Street. Our T.V stays off all day and evening. I don't really know why I am so hung up on her not watching t.v, but I am. Getting cable and letting her zone out to cartoons all day sure sounds good sometimes. sigh. But I won't do it.

4 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

You should have heard my GASP at your birdies. Oh, they are so cute!

And good for your for not letting her watch TV. My boys worship Mecca all the time, and I don't like it (well, not all the time, but still too much time in my opinion).

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute birds! My kids watch tv an hour or less a day. We listen to music and I let my girl paint lots and go outside to keep us all sane, hehe.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your birds are darling! My DD is near 4 so it gets a LITTLE easier for her to NOT draw on MY paper. LOL.
I also limit TV time in our house - really until she was past 3 did I let her watch anything - I am glad too because she is NOT desensitized like so many of her friends. And you know what - she will watch 1 show and turn it off. It bores her. YAY! It is a temptimg baby sitter sometimes - but we don't do it either.

8:32 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Thanks for the birdie praise! You all are great for an ego boost. 8-) Thanks for the tv comments too. I'm sticking to my (almost) no tv rule.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home