Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Sacrificial Turtle


So, it has come to this. The cute little turtle had to be sacrificed to the thrifting gods to pay for the several weeks of good thrifting finds. Poor turtle. Some times you should just leave things alone. He was cute before, but I just have this need to paint kid things white and not leave them dark wood. I tried painting him with his red furry back on, but the paint wasn't sticking to the wood and it got all in his fur. I tried to get the fur off so I could spray paint him, but couldn't. So, the husband got some tools out and then he had to take him apart to get all the fur off. It was not pretty. Keely: "OH no! Poor turtle doesn't have a head!!!!"
Then he got a terrible spray paint job and while hubby was screwing him back together the wood split into two. Oh, the poor thing. When it came time to re-cover him, I did an awful job. Before and after photo below.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

poor turtle!

3:05 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

I know. I know. I feel bad.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home