Monday, February 20, 2006

Not too bad at all.

Yahoo! The chair pads are made and (drumroll please)......they fit! The pads fit in them AND they fit the chairs! Holy smokes it is unbelievable.
I had to figure out what a slipstitch was and do it to close up the last side. That went pretty well also. I used a thrifted sheet and some really cute shoelaces for the ties. Once the chairpads were finished I figured why not a matching table cloth for tea parties! So, I just whipped one of those up too! I know to those of you who can sew and operate a sewing machine this is a so what kind of post, but I have serious blockage when it comes to figuring out- new to me- machines. I've never touched a sewing machine before this past month so I am quite pleased that I've made something other than cards.

I made the chair pads because these little IKEA chairs, while cute, are sooooo uncomfortable for a mommy sized rear. I couldn't sit in them for very long, but now...well now it's right comfy.
Keely quote: "Mommy made chair pads. Now they don't hurt your little booty anymore." 8-)

4 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

Those are too cute! And I'm so impressed!

Where did you get the insert? I need to make a new rocking chair cushon, but I need a good insert first...

4:16 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

I hate to admit this, but Wal-mart. I can't stand that store but it was the closest.

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm digging the blog by the way.

5:10 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Seriously? well. OK. Thanks for visiting. 8-)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home