Thursday, February 16, 2006

The corner of George

This week's post for the Corners Pool is our little hallway. We painted it a crazy mossy green several months ago. The rest of our house is painted in mellow blues and pale greens, so this color does not go at all. However, it is a really small space and its color has grown on us. The stick pony is my daughters. We found him at a thrift store. She carried him around in the cart with the stick hanging out through the cart's leg holes with hers. He was loudly neighing the entire store trip while all the other shoppers laughed at Keely. I asked her what his name was going to be and she looked at me blankly, thought about it and then said, "George. It's George the horse." O.K- so George has taken up permanent residency in the mossy green hall. Everyone who walks by always says, "hi, George."
The framed photo is one I took of some beach glass that I've collected.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

I like the green -- nice, unexpected brightness.

I've been looking for a good, calm green to paint our bedroom. Any suggestions?

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this corner! That green is glorious... you could sink into it. And of course the beach glass, George, adn even the black and white peeking from under the bathroom door are rather fetching, too.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home