Monday, February 13, 2006

Buttons and Paint

This weekend my mother gave me this wonderful tin full of her buttons and my grandmothers' buttons. My granny just recently past away. What a treasure they are. I love buttons. There are some giant ones in there, some beautiful colored ones, and some strange ones too. I'll put them to good use I'm sure. Well, that is if I can bring myself to use them at all.

Our study got painted by the hubby Sunday. It was a Crest toothpaste kind of green. He hated it, so now it is a lovely light blue "stratosphere" as the people of Olympic paint call it.

We also made a Target trip this weekend and in their dollar section they had a bunch of kiddie craft materials. I know they are NOT of great quality but still, fun can be had with them and they are inexpensive-paints, papers, foam stamps, colored stamp pads etc. So, if you need some indoor entertainment for the continuing cold winter days- there's one idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

I'm in awe of your new button collection. I'd likely put them in a glass vessel to look at for awhile, because they are beautiful.

And our Target doesn't have those crafting supplies, perhaps they will tomorrow.

3:00 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Hey! I was looking around the house for something clear to put those buttons in. 8-) Our Target was just putting the crafty stuff out on Sat.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home