Tuesday, March 07, 2006

All around the kitchen

At dinner time we have started playing music while we cook to entertain the little one who is so impatient for the food (that she won't eat) to be ready. Sometimes we listen to adult music, but more often than not we turn on the kiddie tunes. Her music collection is very small. She liked Raffi for awhile, and I don't mind they guy-but after 3000's Mr. Suns...OI!

I went surfing around iTunes to find some decent kid/family songs and came across Dan Zanes. Apparently, he has been around for awhile, but that's news to me. Anyway, I downloaded: Skip to my Lou, Polly Wolly, and the cooking time favorite-All around the Kitchen. It is kinda happy/folky music, but we rather like it now. Keely really likes it and it entertains her for a bit. If you're interested in listening to some samples of it, click this. I've only listened to a few of the other songs and they didn't particularly tickle my fancy.

The above photo shows what happens when the kitchen iPod's battery has died and there is no music. Food is all around the kitchen, instead of dancing and singing.

3 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

I love that song by Dan Zanes (all around the kitchen, cocka doodle doodle doo); Laurie Berkner is also good. And the Curious George soundtrack by Jack Johnson is awesome (it has now replaced the contant Franz Ferdinand in the car).

3:53 PM  
Blogger Alicia A. said...

I was just going to say, like my pal capello, try Laurie Berkner. I found some at the library. It's totally bearable.

1:48 PM  
Blogger colorfool said...

Laurie Berkner reminds of my teaching days...Endless rounds of Victor Vito. My class loved that song. We do have some of J. Johnsons other music but not Curious George, yet anyway.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home